Thursday, September 8, 2011

Farewell Mr. Hamilton!

Have you ever had an appliance that you just absolutely LOVED?! I do. Well, I have several, BUT, I have a Hamilton Beach hand mixer that I got for my wedding from my Aunt Lorrie 9 years ago! It came in a cool case with three different attatchments. I use this mixer for ALMOST everything. (The Kitchen Aid is used for bread doughs and whipping cream.) I can't even tell you how many dozens of cookies and bowls of Green Chile mashed potatos (sharing this recipe soon) we have been through together! More than I can count! Anyone who has been to my house in the last 9 years has probably seen me use this, or used it themselves. Just the other day I thought to myself "This mixer wants to last forever!" Well folks, I jinxed it! Just today I got him out to whip up some yummy cookies for our new neighbors and just as I was mixing in the chocolate chips Troop yelled "IT'S ON FIRE!!!!" He wasn't really on fire but he was smoking and then finally chugged his last little chug. Thankfully the cookies were already mixed. Out loud I said "What a sad day." Troop said "It's not a sad day! We get to eat cookies!" I love his optimism! So with that said, I have to say goodbye to my trusty hand mixer and begin the hunt for a new one. NOT COOL! So I decided in his honor I had probably better eat a few of these cookies instead of taking them ALL to the neighbors, since they were his last batch and all! If you know where I live, I have plenty to share!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I want some cookies and I want another vacation!! And I need a good mixer so when you find one let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hand mixer totally crapped out on me a couple weeks ago! Mine was a super cheap one, and I'm surprised it lasted the 5 or 6 years that it did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do DO NOT buy one.... PROMISE ME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete