Monday, November 14, 2011

Fantastic Fried Chicken!!


So I recently found out Cpt Hunk loves Fried Chicken. You would think after nearly 10 years and me ALWAYS cooking, he would have said something!! Oh well. It reminded me of a great recipe that I haven't used in years and thought I would share it! It's one that has to marinate so be prepared ahead of time! Remember, handling raw chicken can be dangerous so be sure to wash your hands thoroughly and spray your counter when you are done! I use Clorox anywhere spray!

Fantastic Fried Chicken
Ingredients:

4 lb chicken, cut in 8 pieces or 8 legs, thighs or drumsticks
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp ground dried oregano
2 cups buttermilk

Mix the spices together and add to raw chicken. Mix so the spices coat the chicken. Then pour the buttermilk over the chicken. Let marinate for 6-8 hours or overnight.

Flour Mixture:

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

Fully coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Heat up about 2 quarts of oil (peanut or canola are fine) to 350 degrees. Then add the chicken and cook for about 20 minutes. Super easy, super crunchy and super yummy!! Goes great with mashed potatoes and gravy!! I used the chicken stock from my freezer meals to make the gravy!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. ok this is dumb but im confused! Im i heating and cooking in the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! Heat up the oil on your stove and fry them!

    ReplyDelete